Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Warm Fuzzies

Sometimes cactus look fuzzy!
Yesterday, I started out feeling deeply sad and wrote about it.  I got the most amazing feedback from my friends & followers on this blog. It really meant a lot to me and I appreciated it so much.

I took the bus to work yesterday and was glad to get to work early, make the coffee and get the day rolling. I had a rare lunch out with 3 work friends.  At the end of the day, I crossed the busy street to catch the bus home. As I was waiting for Rte. 120 to pick me up, a young man came walking up and said hello. He had a small stack of papers in his hand and asked me where I worked. I just off-handedly said "oh, across the street".  I'm not very trusting of people so I never offer exactly where I work. He said he was looking for work and it just so happens that the car dealership which is right behind the bus stop had a big sign up that they were looking for a lot attendant, which I pointed out to him. I asked him if he had a clean driving record and he said yes. I pointed him to the front door and I could see through the windows that they had him filling out an application within 2 minutes.  He missed the bus!  I sure hope he gets the job.  He was a clean-cut, sweet looking, friendly kid, probably about 18 or 19 years old.  Somebody's son. 

I love that feeling when I'm offered a job. It makes me feel worthy.  When I got on the bus, all I could think about was what a great day it had been and how I would have missed that little chance meeting of a nice kid if I had not been taking the bus yesterday.

I received a ton of warm fuzzies yesterday ... and I really needed them.  I just want to thank the universe for sending them to me.  I hope I can return the favor.

love, susan 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...