Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Sweet Torture

The whole month of March has been torture for me. This has been the longest winter in the three we've lived here. When it started snowing in November, I knew it was going to be a long one. 

I snapped this photo last year in June. I only know that because I started filing my photos by month and year. I had gone on a photo-walk at the Kennewick library with some friends I met in the photo club. I had no idea our library has this really awesome garden out back. I took Gene by there one time and he was interested in all the herbs they have growing as they have them labeled. It has helped us identify some of the herbs we have in our back yard. Personally, I don't really care what they're called. I just like looking at them. It's only when someone asks me what I have growing that I need this information. However, I just sort of tilt my head to one side and say "not a clue!".

I bought two rose bushes last night at Costco. I have big plans for them. Last year I dug out a wagon-load of tiger lilies that always take over this one area in the front of my house and I had had enough their unruliness. When I asked my friend, Tara, what kind of roses I should plant, the answer I got was, "well, do you want short bushes, tall bushes, long stemmed, what color?", etc. (Can you see my eyes glazing over with all the decisions?)  So, with careless abandon, I bought a two pack of rose bushes for $17.99. They are each different colored. I'm going to give it a go and plant them and see what happens.  I'll keep you posted via photographs. In the meantime, hope you'll enjoy these pics I snapped last year as I wait for this long, long, long winter to be over with.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...