Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Surprise Calls From Justin

June, 2009
I love this kid! Last week I had a voice mail from him that came in after 9:30 p.m. so I was already asleep. I texted him the next morning and he called me right away while I was riding the bus to work.  Amanda had received word that she has been accepted to the Ph.D. program at a school in Michigan.

Michigan? It's so far away .....
But on the up side, I've never been there so it affords a new place to travel to.

I love this photo of Justin. I love Justin. So much it makes my heart physically hurt sometimes. That sweet little look on his face is the tickle from rain drops falling on his freshly shaved head.  I could just hug the photographer who took this photo. She cannot possibly know she captured a moment in time that shows the very essence of my son. 

I have to go now ... 


love, susan

~ * ~ *   ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *


4 comments:

  1. That's how I feel about my kitty Piper...I love him so much it hurts my heart sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will have to check on the map where Amanda will be. That is a very beautiful there. It has been many many years since I was there and also in the fall. The colors all around...She is on the Eastern side of the lake and you will have many many places to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great photo! I can understand why you love it so much. :)

    Michigan is a pretty state. You'll enjoy visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're very excited! You guys are welcome to visit any time!

    ReplyDelete

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...