Saturday, March 5, 2011

Shake Your Groove Thing

Don't you just love to dance?

"You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth."

William W. Purkey

 *********************

The above photo was taken almost 2 years ago at my son & daughter-in-law's wedding reception.  The lady in yellow is a long-time friend of Amanda's family.  LJ is a real kick in the pants and we loved sharing the wedding weekend with her and other members of Amanda's family.  We're going to see LJ again at Justin & Amanda's graduation in May. Justin's grandpa and Nancy will be there. Amanda's mom is flying in from Michigan.  And, we discovered our good friends from Phoenix will be in Flagstaff as their son is also graduating that weekend. Perhaps we'll be able to find a place to go out dancing while we're there. 

Amanda and her brother
I'm not sure if Justin has ever seen his Grandpa Clark dance.  My dad is a fabulous dancer and there is nothing that puts a smile on his face more than leading ladies around the floor. I've danced with him a few times and although I'm not a great dancer, I do love to get out and shake it.  My husband is also a fabulous dancer and he has taught me how to enjoy dancing.

We're going to a Spring Fling dance next weekend and I can hardly wait.  In the meantime, I love looking at these old photos and remembering what an awesome, fun time we had in Flagstaff for the wedding and hoping to share more good times soon! 
Austin & Diana

I haven't quite figured out how to manipulate my photos in this blogspot.  They don't always go where I want them to. If anyone has any tips about that, I'd love to hear 'em.

I hope you enjoy these fun photos. 
Amanda & Justin





 I LOVE THESE KIDS!
Justin & me and our back-up dancers!

I had so much fun! Can you tell?



Some kind of funky dance move!

3 comments:

  1. It will be party time in flag I think...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your photos always!! I too love dancing but haven't done it in a very long time.

    I have trouble getting the photos to go where I want but just keep trying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing the pic's. I love love love to dance. Just ordered Zumba for at home so I can shake my bootie as much as I want and there are no mirrors or anyone watching me. lol

    ReplyDelete

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...