Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Joe The Mailman Needs A Job

I'm behind in my letter writing.  Ironically, I was looking through my Rolodex and I have a card dated April 8, 2010 with a list of names on it of people I wrote to in the month of April last year. Strictly for curiosity purposes, I placed a check mark next to the ones who sent me a hand-written letter in return.  Out of 16 letters I wrote, I received 4 in return. Statistically speaking, that's a pretty good return.  If you only knew how thrilled I was to receive those four ....

I truly don't have any expectation for a return letter when I write. Although, I must admit I get so much enjoyment when I receive a letter that I know I'm spreading joy when I mail one.  I don't write as often as I would like to. I seem to get distracted  by other things (read: Facebook and blogging) but I've decided tomorrow I will start my letter writing campaign once again for the month of April.

I found this blog 365 Letters Blog started by someone in 2009. I'm finding all kinds of 365 day projects bloggers are writing about.  I wish I would have thought of this ... what a great project! I only have 16 people on my letter writing list but it will take me all the month of April to write that many letters.  I love this post 10 Reasons to Write a Letter from this blog.

Okay, well, I'd better get some sleep ... I have a lot of letter writing to do in the morning. I sure hope I have something interesting to write about .....

love, susan


P.S.  Joe is the name of our mailman. He is the nicest person in the Tri-Cities. I could write a whole post about Joe.  But I have to snap a photo of him before I do. Love that guy!

 

1 comment:

  1. I think we are few and far between who actually still utilize the traditional rolodex - yay! - you inspire me with this post! It's food for thought for me...beginning to ponder how to re-implement doing so ~ thank you!

    ReplyDelete

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...