New Year's is perhaps my second favorite holiday with 4th of July being first. I love to dance with my hubby and there are not many opportunities to do that throughout the year since we are not bar patrons. Our friends put on a big dance for NY's and it's always a good time. I am especially looking forward to it this year since I've shed nearly 40 lbs. of groceries. Over the last 9 years, it has become increasingly difficult to keep up with him on the dance floor as I often get overheated and can't catch my breath.
The DJ at our dances is always open to suggestions for songs to add to his playlist. I've been working on that this morning. Here's what I have so far:
- Get Down Tonight (KC & The Sunshine Band)
- September (Earth Wind & Fire)
- Nobody Knows (Tony Rich Project)
- She is His Only Need (Wynonna)
- Three Times a Lady (The Commodores)
- Sail On (The Commodores)
- Missing You (Alison Krauss & John Waite)
- Gonna Make You Sweat (C & C Music Factory)
- Shake Your Booty (KC & The Sunshine Band)
- Love Will Keep Us Alive (Eagles)
- Sugar (Maroon 5)
- Moves Like Jagger (Maroon 5)
- Celebration (Kook & The Gang)
- Kiss (Prince) maybe not a great dance song but I LOVE IT!
- Beast of Burden (The Rolling Stones)
- We Are Family (Sister Sledge)
- Footloose (Kenny Loggins)
- Mustang Sally (The Commitments)
What are your favorite dance songs?