Wednesday, April 23, 2014

T is tor TRIPS! (A to Z Blogging Challenge)

We took a little trip through Columbia Park
last night on our way into Kennewick.
Glad I had my camera.
Trips are my favorite topic. It doesn't matter if we go 500 miles or 5. I grew up in Alaska and, as you may know, there is a limited number of miles one can travel by car. I left Alaska about thirteen years ago and I've been making up for lost time. The road is my middle name. 
 
If you are new to my blog and interested in travel, please check out my trip adventures under the labels rides, trips, 2012 Summer Trips and photos.  My 2012 Summer Trips label was an idea that formed because my husband always complains in September that "we never went anywhere this summer".  I decided to document every motorcycle trip we took that year.
 
If you think about it, we get 52 mini-vacations a year. Oh, the places you can go in 48 hours is amazing. If you have wanderlust like us, I hope you'll take whatever mode of transportation you have and go.  And, then write about it.
 
Where do you love to go?
 
love, susan 

5 comments:

  1. Just returned home from three weeks of wanderlust, oh the adventures that were had, everytime I go abroad I just find another place I want to return to ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The Road is my middle name." LOVE THAT!!!! I love road-trippin'. I don't often get to do it anymore; while other folks are road-tripping, i'm watching their dogs. My business has me tied down a bit, but I wouldn't trade it for a corporate job, no matter how much I was offered! I do miss the drop-whatever-I'm-doing-hop-on-the-road lifestyle I used to have though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We tend to like longer trips and end up flying or cruising as our destination choices are often in places that are not practical to drive to. It is fun to take shorter trips though and as long as it is somewhere that I can run, play disc golf, take some interesting photos or is scenic I am a happy camper.

    Sean at His and Her Hobbies

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy your words and your pictures Susan. I love the angle of this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw what a wonderful little picture. I'm more of a homebody these years but I've done a lot of traveling in my years starting when I was 6 weeks old lol Now days I like just sticking close to home with the herd babes but I'm sure I'll have more adventures at some point :)

    Happy A to Z-ing!
    ~Anna
    herding cats & burning soup.

    ReplyDelete

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...