Monday, April 14, 2014

Light is My Friend (A to Z Blogging Challenge)

Got a pic with dead space? Get your quotes on!
Light is a photographer's best friend. I've taken a couple of photography classes and while I feel like a kindergartner when it comes to my new camera, the one thing I've remembered from class ... IT'S ALL ABOUT THE LIGHT.
 
I love getting up early in the morning to head out with my cup of coffee and camera bag to see what I can catch in my lense. I've often thought that going to the same places would get boring but I've found that each day brings a different angle on the light, along with changes in the air quality, fauna, and other interesting subjects to shoot. In other words, just because I've visited a place 20 times doesn't mean it's going to look the same.
 
 
We visited the library last night for a quarterly potluck. I slammed down my dinner so I would have time to walk in the library garden before the light dimmed too much. The tulips are in full bloom and the daffodils are almost spent.
 
I was happy with the few photos I snapped yesterday and can hardly wait to go back to capture what blooms next. I think we lived here 3 years before I heard about the beautiful library garden. I often wonder what I'm missing that I haven't discovered yet.
 
There are many places to treasure where I live. I think the beauty is in the eye of the beholder and since I've been taking photographs seriously over the last 3 or 4 years, I am seeing it in a whole new light. 
 
It makes me so happy.
 
Do you have a favorite place you visit in your home town? 
love, susan

3 comments:

  1. Hey! Train your camera on tonight's sky! Hope I don't forget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um . . . Never mind. If you have your camera trained on the sky at 2 AM it means you're not asleep. :) Sleep instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Cloudy here or I might have taken a nap so I could at least witness the eclipse. I'll look up before I go to sleep and wonder if you are lookin' up too!

      Delete

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...