Q is for QUITTER (A to Z Blogging Challenge)
I'm a quitter. I haven't always been but life events forced me to take a good look at how I spend my time. There are obvious things a person can't stop doing but my goal in life is to enjoy washing the dishes, folding the laundry and shopping for groceries. One might think that's a crazy statement but I've learned a few things along the way and I'm here today to share it.
I wrote a couple of posts in 2010 about making a Stop Doing List. It was inspired by a blog I follow called The Art of Nonconformity. The author is a young guy from Portland, Oregon who has traveled the world and helped many people get started with their dreams. He is an optimist and I dig that.
That list I wrote 4 years ago has expanded but I never bothered to write it down until now.
More Things I've Quit Doing Since 2010
- Attending baby showers. I hate baby showers. Squirrel, if you are reading this, I'll go to yours but only because I love you.
- Bridal showers. I haven't been invited lately but I'd politely say no, thank you.
- Funerals. Celebrations of life? Yes, I'll go.
- Tupperware, Mary Kaye, Pampered Chef parties.
- Washing my own car. I now take my car to the car wash every Sunday.
- Buying things I don't need at the thrift store.
- Hoarding crap
- Wearing makeup.
- High heels.
- Nylons! That's a big one for me. No nylons when I wear dresses.
Do you do things you wish you didn't have to? Do you really have to them? What would you put on your To Stop Doing List? Leave me a comment if you feel inclined.