Saturday, January 22, 2011

Sunshine on My Shoulders ... Makes Me Happy

When I headed out the door for work yesterday, it was drizzling rain and gray skies. I hung my head as I got in the car and the gloominess just seemed to spread to every cell in my body. Every bone seemed to ache and my head felt a little foggy. It was still gray at noon time and I stayed in for lunch. But, by 5:00 p.m. there was hardly a cloud left in the sky and we had another fabulous sunset. On Thursday, we had such a beautiful sunset that our bookkeeper called everyone to come to his office, which has the best view, and literally it looked like the sky was on fire. My camera, of course, was at home.  You'll just have to take my word on it that it was  more than spectacular.

This morning, there is nothing but blue sky and sunshine. What a difference in my attitude! I think I can live today. Nothing perks me up like blue sky and sunshine.  This morning I'm going out on a photo walk with some friends from the Tri City Digital Photography Club. (If you click on this link, you can see lots of great photos from the Tri-City area daily.)  We met in the fall for a photo walk and I had a blast. You can see my fall scavenger hunt pics by clicking here: Scavenger Hunt. Today should be really interesting as I can't imagine what the leader will have on her scavenger list. I'll definitely be wearing my cuddle duds (long johns).

After the photo walk, I'm heading over to watch one of the young attorneys in our office take the "Polar Plunge" into the Columbia River. It's a fund raising event for the Special Olympics of Washington. He's done it before and survived. I hope to snap a pic just before he hits the water.  

It's good to be alive today.    Photos to follow later today ...... 

love, susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...