Sunday, January 23, 2011

Don't Get Your Feathers Ruffled

I know what it means to get your feathers ruffled but I've never actually seen real ruffled feathers until today. This goose stuck out like a sore thumb. He/she was friendly. Luckily, I had a few leftover peanuts in the shell in my pocket from yesterday so Gene had something to feed the geese and ducks today. 

We went for a ride out to Finley, Washington, to a park called Two Rivers.  There was only one other car there and they were there to play frisbee golf.  We stepped in a lot of goose crap as we walked across the park but it was really quiet and different than yesterday's experience.  
I love the color of these ducks, mallards I suppose.

They were very pushy and when the peanuts ran out, they didn't have the time of day for us.
I've never really looked at a ducks foot but Gene encouraged me to do a close up. Very leathery looking.  Kinda icky.



Another beautiful day in the 'hood!!
 

2 comments:

  1. Your photos are soooooo good. I love to see them. Clock is ticking...May will be here soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This goose with the ruffled feathers just cracked me up! I can hardly wait for a long road trip. I talked to my sister Tina today and we're hoping to stop in Sacramento for a short visit with them on our way to AZ.

    ReplyDelete

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...