Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Fluff

June 1st. I love it when a new month starts. I always open up a new folder to drop my photos into. It feels like a fresh start to go out and find some new things to shoot. 

The "Live at 5" concert series starts this Thursday where I live so I'm excited about sitting out at the park, listening to some local music and people-watching. We also have a Farmer's Market right near where I live that starts this Friday. I've never been to it as I've always been working. 

I'm planning to get my things together and hold a yard sale this weekend. I just checked the weather forecast and Saturday looks to be a fantastic motorcycle riding day so I think I'm going to adjust my plan and hold the yard sale on Friday instead. There are plenty of people attending Friday sales ... I was one of them last week!

I found this little metal hanging pot(?) pictured above. I wasn't really sure what I was going to do with it until I got home and took some silk flowers I had bought at another yard sale last year and stuffed 'em in it. I've started doing some decorating on the fence as it is just begging to have old junk hanging on it.
I bought this glass, "designer" hummingbird feeder at a yard sale 2 years ago which was obviously a gift from someone as it still had the tags on it. It's been sitting in the original  box on the back deck ever since. Yesterday, I dusted it off, filled it with sugar water and hung it up near a window so I can watch the birds come in. Where are they? I hope they find the feeder.  We had hummingbirds in Arizona but had to take the feeder down because it was drawing ants. I don't like to use the "h" word but I do hate ants.
 
Gene helped me place a tomato plant in the topsy-turvy. Mr. Doubtful doesn't think it will do well. He had the same doubts last year as he was biting into wonderful tomatoes produced by this miracle product. I asked him to just humor me and help me get planted.  

I visited our local Rite-Aid on Monday and they had all their starter plants at 50% off. I wasn't going to plant anything this year but I couldn't resist a half-price sale. I bought enough flowers to fill a couple of baskets along with this tomato plant all for $5.04.  I do love a good sale.
I was out in the corner of our lot this morning, checking a vine and wanted to give you a different view of the herb garden. I just can't tell you how much I love seeing this grow. We arrived here in September 2008, so this is my 4th season of seeing this wonderful event. I can hardly wait for the weather to get warmer as I have a lounge chair with my name on it, waiting for me and a good book. 

Well, I've procrastinated enough this morning. Missy is waiting for her walk and I have many things to do if I'm to put together a yard sale for Friday. I need to get some price stickers from the dollar store and then I will be going from room to room gathering up stuff to sell. It's a lot of work putting together but I have a good start on it already. I need to remember to have fun while doing it.

Hope you have an awesome day ... wherever you are!

love, susan

P.S.  I titled this post "Fluff" because it just is. I've noticed since the sunlight has come back, I am a lot less deep in my thoughts.  For this, I am truly grateful.



No comments:

Post a Comment

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...