Sunday, June 26, 2011

Terms and Conditions

This page left blank intentionally. 

My dad was a union worker before he retired. My husband is a retired union worker. I don't remember the first time I ever heard the term "I'm going to take some R & R" but for a long time I really didn't know what it meant, although I knew they weren't talking about whiskey.  Why would you announce you were "taking whiskey"? You'd just take drink it.  Have you ever heard terms you didn't get?

The first time I saw a stack of papers that I had to copy as a legal secretary, I found the above term "This page left blank intentionally" to be the funniest damn thing I'd ever seen.  It is self-explanatory but still .... really?  It seems those attorney types are always looking for the missing piece of paper that might have made the difference in a case. One would not want to assume a blank page was originally another important page that got stuck to yet another page in the copy process.  I know .... it's enough to make a secretary insane.

I have a friend who one time pointed out to me that there are instructions on the bottom of candles.  Really?  I had to look.  There really are instructions. Wow.

I'm afraid my page is a little blank today ... it's been kind of a long week and I didn't take many photos. So, forgive me while I take a little R&R (and I don't mean the whiskey kind), and leave this page practically blank.

love, susan

R&R = Rest and relaxation 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...