Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I'd Love to Kiss Ya But I Just Washed My Hair

Perhaps the best dark comedy ever made!
I love movies.  I haven't sat still to watch one start to finish in kind of a long time. I have some old favorites I plug in when there is absolutely nothing else to do.  I was thinking about some of my favorite quotes from movies. This is a very short list.  What are your favorite movies quotes?

"What if this is as good as it gets?" ~ Marvin Udall (As Good As It Gets)
******************************************
"Wanna dance or would you rather suck face?" ~ Norman Thayer
(On Golden Pond)
 ******************************************
"I'd love to kiss ya, but I just washed my hair." ~ Bette Davis
(Cabin in the Cotton)
  ******************************************
Oliver Rose: "I think you owe me a solid reason. I worked my ass off for you and the kids to have a nice life and you me a reason that makes sense.  I want to hear it."
Barbara Rose: "When I watch you eat. When I see you asleep. When I look at you lately, I just want to smash your face in."  (War of the Roses)
 ******************************************
'Meg': Why'd you do it, Babe ? Why'd you put your head 
in the oven?
'Babe':  I don't know ... I'm having a bad day.
(Crimes of the Heart)

 ******************************************
'Clairee': The only thing that separates us from the animals 
is our ability to accessorize.  (Steel Magnolias)

 Makes me just want to go plug in a movie ....

love, susan

6 comments:

  1. I have always loved movies! I would go every week if I could! This was awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was thinking about the not ever seeing a whole movie, and was just surmising, maybe, Just MAYBE, that is why you like going to the theater to watch them, perhaps more than the trappings there, such as screen size and the heavy weight dynamic TetrohedralPolyPhonicDoubleDippedExoSonicSound systems,but may it be the fact that you tend to stay in your seat and actually WATCH the movies and are not up doing something in the Kitchen and peering around the corner and the whole "Oh I'm listening"! Just a guess... but perhaps??? Total Attention == good movie
    Distractions == not so good movie

    ReplyDelete
  3. A date in the making ????

    ReplyDelete

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...