Sunday, December 19, 2010

2-for-1 Sunday -- On a Happier Note ...

So ... this snowflake was the other thing rolling around in my head this morning.  It's Sunday ... it's my blog ... and I can write two posts if I wanna!

This lovely, hand-crocheted snowflaked arrived in my mail yesterday as I was busy baking.  Gene handed me the large envelope it was mailed in and before I opened it, I said, "this is a snowflake that Aunt Cindy crocheted for us this year." 

I totally love it, Aunt Cindy!  And I love you, too!!  I love that you sit and watch the Arizona Dimondbacks and crochet snowflakes for all the special people in your life.  I love knowing that you are thinking about me when your fingers are busy with all the details of each unique pattern you make every year.  I love it that you always place it in a ziploc bag and write my name on it with a black sharpie.  And, I love it that you put this precious snowflake in a great big, padded envelope so it won't get crushed in transit.

I took last year's snowflake down and placed it elsewhere and placed the new one up and shot this photo so you could see that it matches our weather!  Aunt Cindy, I leave your snowflakes up all year, first because they remind me of you and secondly, they keep the birds from crashing into our windows and falling to the ground helplessly and hoping that Mr. Kitty is not outside before they shake off the hit to the window, that is, if they survive it.

I've never crocheted anything but scarves and blankets, and that's hard enough.  So, I have a deep appreciation for the work that goes into your snowflakes.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow .....

love, susan

1 comment:

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...