Thursday, September 30, 2010

MOVE IT!!!

Just about every single morning since we moved here to Washington, into this big house, Gene and I have done the same exact dance early in the morning where I am "crazy-busy" making my oatmeal on the stove and asking him to move aside so I can get my Splenda out of the cupboard, which is directly over the coffee pot.  Sometimes (more often than not) he doesn't move out of the way quite as fast as I think he should, leaving me feeling irritated and badly hiding that fact while he giggles at my daily "fly by the seat my pants" craziness. (If only I would start making breakfast earlier, I wouldn't be worried about an extra 30 seconds of effort trying to get my husband to move or perhaps I would even have time to kiss him properly.)  This has gone on for nearly 700 mornings and yesterday the thought that is going to change my life came to me, "Susan, why don't you just move the Splenda?"   Brilliant!  I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner.

MY POINT:  I need to let go of old ideas a little sooner than I ususally do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...