Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Focus - I Can Do This!

Focus.  That's been my favorite word lately.  I have a lot on my plate but all it's good stuff.  Yesterday, my friend, Becky, helped me figure out what I'm doing with my online class and it seems I have two assignments due by Thursday and two tests to take on Friday.  Okay, I can do this!  For a brief, and I do mean brief moment, I felt like giving up. That's my old pattern. That's what I do.  I give up easy.  So, after that brief moment, I calculated what my schedule looks like this week and spent 1.5 hours this morning finishing one assignment (and feeling pretty good about that!) and I will most likely be skipping lunch with friends today to read chapter two so that I can perhaps start that assignment tonight or tomorrow morning.  I can do this.

In between the online class this week, I have work, dishes, Gene, "Missy", dinner at a friend's house, class with "Missy" on Thursday night, cancel the car insurance with old agent, and go to the bank.  I can do this.

There is a huge satisfaction in crossing things off my "to do" list today.  It's a list of things I really want to do. Some things not as much as others, like dishes, but I still get a huge kick out of washing dishes while in a race with the coffee pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...