Saturday, September 18, 2010

Excuse Me While I Kiss the Sky

Have you ever heard a phrase or a song and couldn't get it out of your head? Well, that's what happened to me yesterday on my way to work.  The radio DJ was talking about the great Jimi Hendrix and played a snippet from "Purple Haze".  I know Hendrix is talking about being high when he sings this lyric but sometimes I'm so happy I could just "kiss the sky" ... so I don't think the lyric is wasted on me.  A few things that do that to me are Gene's sheepish smile, the way my dog hugs me, when I see my friends gathered in a circle talking & laughing, receiving an email from my son, watching the clock click to 5:00 p.m. on a Friday afternoon.  Life is sweet.  Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...