Saturday, September 25, 2010

I go back ....

Hillsboro, Oregon ~ concert in the park ~ year 2007?
I'm feeling a little nostalgic today. I got up early to send some photos via email to RiteAid to have printed as we have a friend coming over this morning to pick up a picture I took of him at the parade this year. I have a lot of photos in my computer and I've started sending them to Costco or RiteAid or Walgreens whenever I find a good deal on printing. I recently threw together a scrapbook of our Clark Cousins' Reunion to send as a thank-you gift to our hosts and I realized how much I missed cutting & pasting and reminiscing about my photos.  

Life seems to simply fly by and I often feel like I'm hanging on to the end of a runaway train.  Don't get me wrong, I love it!  I just sometimes need to slow down and remember to record it somewhere.  Digital photography is the best thing since sliced bread but I need to remember to print those favorite memories and write about them, scrapbook them, give pictures to friends, etc.  Just like e-mail has replaced old-fashioned letter writing, ditigal photography loses something when it's not on paper.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...