Saturday, April 18, 2015

uPtown funk (A to Z Blogging Challenge)



Finally ... P day got here! Photography is my favorite past time. This morning I was asked out for coffee so I grabbed my camera just in case something caught my eye.

The last time I was at the Uptown Mall in the little town where we live, I noticed they are sprucing the place up with wall painting. I saw a photographer taking images of a young couple against the wall pictured here and I'm hoping to find some victims to shoot against this great background soon.  Right now I've got Uptown Funk stuck in my head. Please, I beg of you, if you've never heard Uptown Funk, hit the link and prepare yourself for the best upbeat, fun, get-off-your-seat music by Bruno Mars. Just do it.
 
When I started this blog back in 2010, my intent was to find a place to drop my photos and talk about them. That is still my intent today, although once in awhile I go on a rant but not often. Mostly, I just love to write about what I saw and experienced today.

Miss L (pictured here) came for coffee with us this morning. She is the sweetest little person on the planet and even though she isn't feeling her best today and had a couple of teeth cut through this week, she was all smiles.
 
See what I mean about photography? And, the day has hardly even started. Headed out for a spring maiden motorcycle voyage with my camera in the bag and my handsome, high-maintenance hubby who has ruined me for anyone else. Hello weekend!
 
Do you love taking photos?  Do you carry a camera with you? Do you have a favorite subject to shoot? Is your significant other high maintenance?  Please, please tell me .... do you love Uptown Funk?

love, susan


12 comments:

  1. Love love love Uptown Funk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love taking photos, but I don't carry my camera very often (other than my phone). I love shooting landscapes, flowers, and objects (like heirlooms). I especially enjoy macro. I had a point-n-shoot that took wonderful macro shots, but it went kaput. Now I have a nice DSLR, but I haven't invested in a macro lens, yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I can't even think about macro lens right now. Just ordered a 200mm to replace the one I dropped over the cliff a couple of weeks ago. I have been using a 50mm and getting used to it but I need a longer lens, for sure!

      Delete
  3. I definitely did enjoy Uptown Funk! Bruno Mars has some great stuff. Speaking of great stuff: wow, that wall is uber cool! What a cool backdrop for photos. I find that I am snapping pics of the dogs all the time. My dogs of course, but I also snap pics of my guest dogs because I text them to the owners while they're traveling so they know their dogs are having a good time. I always have my camera handy and my favorite subject is definitely the dogs. It's hard sometimes to get good shots of the dogs: they'll be in some really cute position and by the time I grab up my camera, they've moved. It's hard to get them to pose too. I would love to get good enough to do pet photography. I do manage to take some pretty nice photos of the dogs so maybe there's something that I can tap into down the road...
    I'd like to get a nice Digital SLR. One of these days...
    Michele at Angels Bark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love shooting pics of my dogs. I have 3 dogs so in order to get them all in the photo, I place a nice treat in my trigger hand (in my pinky) and they all focus on it while sit/staying. Soooo much fun!

      Delete
  4. Cute photo! I love taking photos and listening to Uptown Funk :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there - Visiting from the A-Z Challenge. BTW, I gave a shout out to your blog on my 'Q' post for today on FictionZeal.com. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a gazillion for the shout out! I'm heading over to your blog for a visit. Is the coffee on?

      Delete
  6. Hi visiting from a shout out from Dianne at fictionzeal.com - nice to meet you:) i used to take many photos - back before digital! even developing mu own - mainly macro. the cameras grew to heavy for my rapidly aging wrists, and macro did not agree with my knees - the joys of old age. I have a point and shoot digital - I miss a 'proper' camera tho' - am going to treat myself to a bridge camera and tripod and try macros again from raised beds and a chair - who knows:)

    come and visit if you like, I'm afraid I'm all out of cake - http://didyoueverkissafrog.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for dropping in! I'm heading over to your blog for a visit!

      Delete
  7. Great photo's, I love Uptown funk it's so catchy and fun. Dropping in from Diane's link on FictionZeal.com. Happy blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm tapping the keys as I listen and bounce to Uptown Funk. It brings me back to the 1980s and Earth, Wind & Fire and Kool and the Gang. Thanks. Now, I want to go dancing. The Husband is bopping behind me at his desk. And, yes, I enjoy taking photos, too. I have a simple point and click that I carry with me nearly all the time.
    Take 25 to Hollister
    The View from the Top of the Ladder

    ReplyDelete

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...