Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Switching Gears

I've been corresponding with a friend from my past who is in the fight of and for her life. She is battling colon cancer.  I've been following her blog and she recently posted a challenge for someone to come along with her on her journey to eating better, losing weight, etc.  She has totally changed her diet and as I sat here at my computer I had a revelation. Being the selfish and self-centered person I can be sometimes,  I've never been one of those folks who would get their head shaved to support someone going through chemo but I sure could stand to change some very bad eating habits. So I decided to take her up on her request to have someone come along on her journey.  She has gone vegan. I can't do that.  That's okay though. She's just happy to have me along.  My goal is to get white sugar out of my life, once again. I've done it before and it's not easy. 

We've been emailing back and forth and she came up with some great ideas to help me with that time in the evening when I am at my weakest. So, I'm going to try, once again, to blog at night.  

Change comes hard to me but I'm willing to keep trying.

Have you had to make any changes lately?  I'd love to hear about them.

love, susan 

1 comment:

  1. About six years ago, in an effort to be supportive of a young girl with bone cancer, I grew my hair long and donated it to Locks of Love. Joining your friend's challenge to eat better and lose weight seems far more significant than shaving a head or growing long locks. Count me in!

    ReplyDelete

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...