Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Musings

My new favorite photo!
Just returned from a 3-day trip to Vancouver, Washington. We took a different route to get there on Sunday which took us over a mountain pass and on some country roads.  We got to see Mt. Rainier, a deer in the road and this awesome butterfly. We stayed with a family member ~ and had the nicest visit.

While in Vancouver, I had lunch with a high school classmate.  The last time we saw each other was more than 10 years ago but less than 20 (I'm so bad with timelines), when another high school classmate and I took a dusty road trip from Fairbanks to Central, Alaska to see her. She and her then-husband were running a gold dredge.  The things I remembered from that trip were that she had to bake everything from scratch, she had 5 young boys, and a great big wolf/dog. I remember her telling me to not look directly at the wolf as it had "issues". I hope to find the photos from that trip and maybe post them.

Mt. Rainier
Susan and Joanie ~ Class of '77
We had a great time visiting and I was just so happy her schedule allowed for a late lunch and great conversation. There are some people who just age well ... she is one of those. 

I love going on road trips but I always love coming home.
love, susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...