Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Chilly mornings .... or ... what to love about winter!

Summer is now officially over. I had to wear a hoodie this morning on our early morning walk. We left the house at 6:30 a.m. and could see frost from "Missy's" breath the whole walk.  There are some things I love about winter so thought I should list them here for when I start complaining about the cold & darkness, maybe I'll look back on this list for a reminder.

Sweaters:  I love my winter sweaters. My favorite hot pink one is coming out of storage this weekend.
Parties:  there always seems to be some kind of social function about every other week in the winter.
Hot chocolate:  who drinks hot chocolate in the summer?
Chilly mornings:  I love snuggling up to Gene when I crawl into a cold bed. He likes it, too!
Winter food:  I love making soup and chili and bread and cookies and ....

Well, I gotta get back to work now.  Which reminds me ... I love having an "inside" job when the weather is crappy outside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...