Monday, January 29, 2018

January 2018: That's a Wrap!

Weather This Week The numbers this week are 57, 53, 51, 48 and 56. FIFTY SEVEN DEGREES in January?!
 
My Favorite Moment Last Week Saturday night I went down to our local club to play bingo. My good friend brought her 8 year old who loves to play bingo. I gave him one of my cards that was for the last 3 games and he got a bingo! He was so excited he was shaking. He put his whopping $3.50 winnings in his pocket but the smiles he gave to me. Precious moment I'll treasure forever.
 
What's Right in the World Hubby and I took a spur of the moment road trip to Spokane on Saturday. It was drizzling rain when we left but found the sun hanging out up there. I  filled two bags full of Trader Joe's groceries and we found a new favorite Thai restaurant right across the street from Trader Joe's. And, we saw a rainbow.
 
What I'm Resisting I'm resisting beating myself up over an off-handed comment I made recently that hurt someone. I will make amends for it today and move forward. Rather than spend my time rehashing it over and over, I want to tuck it under my belt as a learned experience and try not to do it again. Still, if I could take it back, I would. In a book I'm reading this morning, the author poses the question ... Have you ever had a thought you didn't fully believe once you examined it further?
 
What I'm Thinking I can spend one more winter here but that's it. It has been on my mind a lot lately that I do not want to stay in darkness any longer than I have to. Now is the time to get serious about what our next move will be and gravitate to it.
 
What's On My Camera I got meet a new intake to the rescue yesterday. "Sissie" is one smart, beautiful border collie/husky mix. She's only 1 1/2 years old but her releasing owner has done a great job training her and she'll be super easy to place. I learned a lot from her yesterday in the patience department.
 
 
Things I Learn From Dog Shoots

Be patient.
Bring top-notch treats.
Let them show you who they are.
Stay true to your style.
Keep shooting even after you think you're done. My best shots are often near the end of the shoot.





What the Future Holds Two dog shoots at lunch time this week. Interviews at work being set up for person replacing my position.
 
If This Was My Last Day, Here is My Final Thought Mistakes happen. People fail. Make amends and then do better. Do my best today but if I fail, recognize it, repair the damage, and try to do better tomorrow.
 
love, susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...