Monday, January 22, 2018

Hello Monday: A Life List

Sunny Weather today along with 51 degrees. The rest of this week is going to be rainy and in the 40's. No complaints here. Only 5 weeks until March. I believe I'll survive.
 
My Favorite Moments from Last Week(end) 5:00 o'clock on Friday is hard to beat! I really enjoyed the weekend. I got a lot of errands done and squeezed some fun in between. I watched the entire Season 4 of Grace and Frankie. This season is apropos to what I'm thinking and feeling right now. The older I get, the more I think about my mortality. Like. A lot. My dog, Remi, sat on my lap through all the episodes and she stayed there while I watched a movie starring John Travolta called Life on the Line on Amazon Prime. Great movie. I may re-watch it with the hubs. He'll love it. The most favorite moment was last night when he said he has put all his tools away and cleaned up the area where he was working on the plumbing. I am assuming the project is complete but I haven't seen the water go on in the kitchen yet.
 
What's Right in the World Everything is as it should be. Even when we think it is not. I have friends and family having some struggles right now and in the past this has been very uncomfortable for me. I always wanted to fix things for other people. I've come to a place in my life where I realize that struggle is necessary for change. I have my own struggles and I work on them daily. For me, the goal is to not hurt other people just because I'm struggling. And, to not try to "fix" other people or give advise.
 
What I'm Resisting I struggled with my eating plan over the weekend. I've hit a wall of some sort and my thoughts have gone astray. I'm resisting the sabotaging voice in my mind. I'm thankful I am back to work today. My work schedule helps keep me accountable.
 
What I'm Thinking Since I've been off FB for 22 days, I've done a lot of writing in my journal. I've been out with my camera a couple of times. I've written several emails and hand-written letters. I'm not super anxious to go back on social media but I have decided to not put the app back on my phone. It's a terrible daily distraction I want to live without.
 
What My Future Holds Today I'm packing a fabulous lunch and I think I'll take it outside and get sunshine in my life. I've got a rescue dog shoot set for Wednesday on my lunch hour. We've discovered a great way to get winter photos during the day ... they just bring the animal to me at my work place where we have a nice lawn.
 
If This is My Last Day, Here is My Final Thought Please remember to feed my dogs twice a day. And, please put gravy on Missy's food ... she deserves to have it the way she wants it. It's all she has now.
 
love, susan
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...