Monday, January 15, 2018

Of Mice and Men: A Life List

Looking Out My Window Today is going to be a gray one but the numbers this week are balmy at 42, 49, 43, 49, and 45. I don't mind being indoors working when it is bleak outdoors.

My Favorite Moment(s) Last Week Oh, well, we discovered we have a mice infestation in the kitchen at work. A live mouse was seen first thing Friday morning. My favorite moment was hearing a co-worker scream when I showed her the mouse poo on the open shelf. Unfortunately, the maintenance crew had to come into our office, in masks, and vacuum/clean the entire space. It is actually embarrassing to our entire staff. Or, at least it should be. That kitchen is filthy dirty. My second favorite moment was seeing an old German Shepherd smile while taking photos yesterday for her adoption profile.

What's Right in the World Three day weekends.
 
What I'm Resisting We've got plumbing problems again (still). I am resisting the urge to lose my cool over it. He'll get it handled, I'm sure. He doesn't get too shook up by these things but the thought of having to wash my dishes in the bathroom sink for longer than a couple of days gives me a little heartburn so I want it fixed sooner rather than later. I'm steering clear of the plumbing project and letting him do the worry about it. When I was married to my first husband, he did all the worrying and always wondered by I didn't worry. Why should both of us worry? I said to him. That never went over well. (laughing out loud!) In the meantime, it's a great excuse to use up the paper plates that have been collecting dust.
 
What I'm Thinking I've had a really good weekend. I haven't watched the news and quite frankly I wish journalists would band together and not speak 45's name for a whole day ... a week would be even better. You know, that might cure it.

What's On My Camera  
I love this book my step-daughter
gave me for Christmas.
 

Do you journal?
 


This old girl still has some life left in her. Can't wait to see
how beautiful she is after a nice grooming.


She has some sad eyes but did perk up when I showed
her the freeze dried liver treats. She's got an ear infection
going on. See that bent over left ear? Needs attention.

I like to pretend I'm a car photographer!

What's the Future Hold? It's our 15th 14th wedding anniversary this week. I would have him take me to our favorite taco truck for dinner but Tony is in Mexico until March. Tony's sister is running the food truck and it is just not the same. Maybe we'll have pho instead. Otherwise there is nothing on my calendar yet.
 
If Today Was My Last Day on Earth, Here is My Final Thought I had the best weekend ever. I love you. I think of you often.
 
love, susan

3 comments:

  1. I remember screaming at work too. Cockroaches in the drawers in my lab at the old city hospital. I slammed it shut and broke a lot of glassware. Then in old Town Hall we had a mouse problem. One ran right across my foot and I screamed bloody murder. Our crazy maintenance guy would live trap them and set them free - so they ran right back inside the building. What a doofus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no .... no cockroaches! I'm not sure I'd be able to go back if they found those. eeeeeks. I don't like to kill things but mice and roaches have to die if they are in my space.

      Delete

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...