Sunday, January 14, 2018

Sunday Drive

I drove out to Yakima today with a friend

from the dog rescue. It was an hour drive

and only took 20 minutes to get photos.

We took a detour on the way home to stop

at an old house on a country road where

she went to pre-school. She was really grateful

that I didn't mind the detour but what

she doesn't know about me is that I live

for these experiences.

It was a beautiful day for a drive!





Clementine goes country!


I learned about pollination fruit today.

I can't explain it because I'm not sure I

fully understand it but some fruit is left

on the tree at the end of the season for

pollinating. Who knew?  I thought I

was just taking a photo

of a rotten apple.


2 comments:

  1. When I was a kid, we often went for a Sunday drive - just out into the country. Been a very long time since I did that unless I had a destination in mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the price of gas probably helped make this tradition go the wayside at some point. We often take a Saturday drive if the weather is nice. Sometimes we just go 30 or 45 miles to the nearest towns and grab a cup of coffee or a bowl of Thai food. In the winter time, it helps us get out for fresh air. Yesterday was really awesome because I would not have gone down that road if not for my friend. It feels like we've traveled every road around here but there definitely are many we haven't. It all starts with "I wonder what's down that road?"

      Delete

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...