Monday, January 1, 2018

Day 1 of 2018: A Life List

What's In The Forecast The numbers this week are 30, 33, 33, 36, and 43 with a hint of sunshine on some days.

My Favorite Moment Last Week Last night we attended a big dance at the church where we have a couple dances every year. My friend's 3 year old came in the door and while my friend was paying admission her daughter went about checking out the crowd of people to see if she knew anyone. The moment she turned and saw my face was my absolute favorite moment of evening. Her smile and giggling delight was irresistible. She is a really special little human, that one. The other favorite moments were watching all my friends' children dancing the night away. We are so lucky to have such great friends who are more like family.

What's Right in the World I enjoyed my three day weekend more than I've enjoyed them in the past. I've been catching up on reading fellow blogger's posts and taking time to comment.
 
What I'm Resisting As you may or may not know, RESIST is the word I chose for my theme this year. Right now, I am resisting chasing someone down to fit an event into my schedule. This will be the year I let some things go ... guilt free.

What I'm Thinking A woman in a fellowship I belong to died suddenly over the weekend. I didn't know her well but her life crossed paths with mine nine years ago when we first moved here. I was celebrating 7 years of sobriety and didn't know a soul here. She came up to me after a birthday night meeting and gave me her 7 year coin. It was one of the kindest moments I'd had since moving here and it meant more to me than I could ever express. I ran into her once in awhile and she never remembered giving that coin to me. I suspect she did nice things for people all the time. What I'm thinking is that little kindnesses like that matter. I need to do more kind acts.
 
A Quote I Want to Share
Love your family. Spend time, be kind, and serve one another. Make no room for regrets. Tomorrow is not promised and today is short.  ~ unknown~
 
What the Future Holds Back to the salt mine tomorrow. I'm now ready to make some solid plans for our trip to Fairbanks in July. Gonna nail down some plane tickets and rent some real estate before this month is over. I'll feel better knowing I've got it taken care of. Heading to the west side next weekend for a little post Christmas celebrating since we didn't make it over due to weather.
 
If This Was My Last Day on Earth, Here is My Final Thought If I die in my sleep tonight, I would not want  you to cry for me. I wouldn't want you to spend more than a moment grieving. I would want you to celebrate and carry love forward. Death has been on my mind a lot lately. I suppose it is because we lost a couple of family members last year and the anniversary of those deaths are upon us. My other final thought would be ... please take good care of my dogs. Don't let them go to the pound.
 
love, susan

Y

 

3 comments:

  1. Very thought provoking post. Seems we do a lot of that when a new year begins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your very last thought was good! And kind! You are a good person Susan!! Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...