Monday, December 18, 2017

Three Days to Solstice: A Life List

Looking Out My Window The weather is warm today and the rest of this week. The numbers 53, 53, 44, 39, and 34 I can live with. This weekend I wore long underwear both days and still was frozen to the core.
 
Weekend Review I got out Saturday and did three dog shoots for the rescue. All super nice dogs. The puppy pictured here is 6 weeks old. The lady with the big smile is a fairly new friend who I've met through rescue. She is pretty much love with skin, that one. I love this photo soooooo much. I see things, you know. That smile is the smile of a woman who is smitten. Sunday, I had lunch with my chosen family. Loved that!
 
What I'm Learning Boundaries. I'll just leave it at that.
 
Bear's feet hardly touched the ground at this session.
Can you say high energy?
What I'm Creating I've got nothing going on right now. I'm in winter mode which means way more chair time. I did get every bit of laundry done this weekend and even got everything put away. It was a goal for 2017 to finish laundry to the point of putting it all away. This weekend was a first but I say progress, not perfection.
 
What I'm Reading Oh, I have 3 books going right now. Nikon D3200 for Dummies, A Man Called Ove, and Slaying the Dragon. I am having a terrible time trying to focus on any one thing. Race brain. If you have it, you know what I'm talking about. If you don't have race brain, I can't explain it.
 

Bouncer needs someone to love!

What I'm Watching I'm in the last season of Shameless. I'm hoping to see the animated Pixar film Coco sometime over the holiday, even if I have to go by myself. Looks like something to be seen on a big screen.
 
What's On My Camera  Dogs dogs dogs!
 
A Quote for You
A lack of boundaries invites a lack of respect.
 
Show dog moves!
A Peek Into My Week I'm in survival mode. After Thursday, we start gaining light.
 
Final Thoughts This week I'm suiting up and showing up and that's about all I can promise. Gray skies have got me sunk into the mire. I'm doing everything in my power to keep my head above the water line. Friends who show up for me are like that Spirograph that Santa brought you when you were 8, just really special. I feel giddy when they answer my call to gather. You know who you are and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for being you!
 
love, susan


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...