Monday, December 25, 2017

Last Week of 2017: Christmas Day Life List


Looking Out My Window We had a white Christmas this year. I felt genuinely happy for all the littles that got to wake up in eastern Washington this morning to a blanket of fresh snow. It is beautiful and was still snowing this morning. The numbers this week are 27, 28, 31, 34, and 38 so we'll have that snow for a few days.
 
Weekend Review We went to our friend's place Saturday night for dinner. Loved that! I need to return the favor now. I forget they are dog people. We don't have many people over any more because three dogs is just a lot for people who are not dog people. I bought furniture this fall so I even have a place for them to sit when they visit. We didn't make it over to Portland because the weather got severe yesterday and, boy, are we glad we made the decision to stay home. Freezing rain in Portland is treacherous. We spent today down at the club with some great friends. Fun conversations and hugs. When we got home, I went out and played with the dogs in the snow. They LOVE the snow. One of my friends asked me yesterday if my dogs get cold in the snow. As a matter of fact, they don't. Two of them are double coated but the little scrappy one, Remi, should be cold but I have never once seen her shiver. She's different, that one.
 
What I'm Learning I pushed past some fear this week and made a decision to move forward on something. If it works out, I'll write about it. If it doesn't work out, I'll write about it. More is always being revealed.
 
What I'm Creating Nothing. Carving out time for naps and Netflix.
 
What I'm Reading Received a new book in the mail I just started called Big Love by Scott Stabile. I will try to write a review when I finish it.
 
What I'm Watching I watched two movies this weekend, Talladega Nights and Rumor Has It. Also finally finished Shameless. Time to start a new series. Any suggestions?
   
What's On My Camera Dogs.
 
A Quote
“The secret of joy in work is contained in one word – excellence. To know how to do something well is to enjoy it.”  Pearl S. Buck
 
A Peek Into My Week I have tomorrow off which will make 4 days off for me. Super nice to have this break. I have nothing on my calendar this week and I'm okay with that. It's nice to have a break from this busy life.
 
A Final Thought This week I've been practicing being a good listener, just getting back to some basic beliefs about the world. It's all good.

love, susan

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are both keeping busy and relaxing. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...