Monday, November 20, 2017

Turkey Trash Talk: A Life List

Hey everybody! I love that it is Thanksgiving week. I have 4 days off and I can hardly wait. Instead of my usual weekly life list, I'm going to shake it up a bit and see if I can find some topics to talk about at our upcoming t-dinner.



Can we talk about dogs? OMG, I could talk dogs all day long. My border collie is going through an adjustment period as I've taken her off kibble and feeding her real food. I've done a little research on it and hoping I'm doing right by her.



Can we talk about cars? My car is still in the shop and I'm hoping to hear from the dude before t-day that she (her name is Clementine) has been repaired. After consulting a friend, I've decided to keep this car until all the repairs add up to what the car is worth. It's a bit like gambling but I do love that car.



Can we talk about the weather? This morning while my husband was bringing me to work, he says, "oh, I forgot to check the weather".  I said, "oh, it's going to be in the 50's".  He says, "oh, I was talking about Yuma, Arizona". I said, in my worst sarcastic tone, "who cares about Yuma, Arizona"? I think I hurt his feelings a little.  But geeeezus ... don't talk to me about Arizona when there is rain coming down and gray skies. I will hurt you.



Can we talk about Shameless on Netflix? The writers are seriously messed up in the head. I love that. When Frank (played by David Threlfall) dry humps the ground on the grave of his recent dead lover, I found myself gasping and laughing at the same time. Who thinks up these things? Somebody's son or daughter. Think about that for a minute.


Can we talk about the birthday party I was invited to shoot on Saturday? I got to spend 2 hours with a lovely family celebrating their dad's 80th birthday. The guy doesn't look a day over 65. He still works. And, he told me he and his wife go to Yuma, Arizona in the winter. I'm not hating on that but feels like people are rubbing Arizona in my face right now. Would you agree?

Can we talk about the movie we saw yesterday? Hubby took me to see Wonder at the theater. We both cried. People .. go see it. It is a real upper!


WHAT ARE YOU GONNA TALK ABOUT OVER TURKEY?

love, susan







1 comment:

  1. I read the book "Wonder" last week and I hope to see the movie this weekend.

    As for what I'm going to talk about over turkey... well, I'll have my mouth too full to talk!

    ReplyDelete

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...