Monday, November 27, 2017

Survived November, Hello December: A Life List

The Weather It's dark. Temps this week are 53, 50, 51, 47, and 46. Gray skies almost every day. I hate winter.
 
Weekend Review Four day weekends are the best. We spent T day with friends and their family. Lots of laughter and joy. I woke up Thursday morning feeling a deep sadness about loved ones who died in the last 6 months. First holidays are hard. I slept a lot this weekend. I read and watched Netflix. Got all the laundry caught up. Changed the sheets and took 4 boxes of junk to goodwill. Sat with my dogs and enjoyed every minute of down time. Sometimes that many days off is hard for me but not this time. I got to talk with my stepdaughter twice over the weekend and it was one of many highlights of my days. Love that girl.
 
What I'm Learning I'm not sure I learned anything new this week. Weird.
 
What I'm Creating I am making some changes in my pantry. This always upsets the hubby but he knows this about me so he adjusts. I'm adding big containers that will hold beans and rice from the bulk section. I've got some Tupperware coming that will fit nicely and will be adding various nuts and grains to the mix.
 
What I'm Reading I picked up A Man Called Ove to finish reading. I started this book many, many weeks ago but got distracted. Gosh, it's a good book!
 
What I'm Watching I'm finally at Season 7 of Shameless. Hoping to finish it up this week and start a news series called Godless on Netflix. Truly the only thing good about winter is Netflix.
 
What's On My Camera Not much. I didn't take it out this weekend. Really just not feelin' it right now. The photo above is probably from 1989(?) taken of my son and my mom. My mom would have been about 53 in this photo. I'm older than that now. That feels kind of strange. (Queue Bonnie Raitt's Nick of Time:  life gets mighty precious when there is less of it to waste...)
 
A Quote:
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
 
A Peek Into My Week I have nothing on my calendar this week. This is rare and typically I'd be a little panicked about that but I'm not.
 
A Final Thought I'm pretty sure my bed has a magnet in it. Last week I spent several nights sleeping no less than 10 hours a night. Some nights I woke at 3:00am and couldn't get back to sleep. It is a pattern than develops every year right after we set the clocks back. When it's dark by 4:30pm, I just want to pull the covers up over my head and sleep until March. I'm glad I have a job to look forward to 5 days a week or who knows how long I'd sleep.
 
Gotta go for now. love, susan

1 comment:

  1. Love the picture of your mom with your son! Those pictures become so meaningful to us as we grow older, don't they? I hear what you are saying about sleeping. It is the time change!!

    ReplyDelete

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...