Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Mid-November 2017 Life List


The Weather The numbers this week are 54, 55, 55, 52 and 51. Some rain maybe. My least favorite weather.



Weekend Review I had 3 days off and I crammed a lot of fun events into it. I finally got my neighbors out for a family shoot by the river. Poor baby's hands almost turned blue from the cold air but she didn't complain. Got cute pics! Also, photographed a rescue dog. Had coffee with a friend, helped other friends with a house project, watched movies, took dogs to the park, cooked, napped, drank too much coffee, and enjoyed every minute of it.

Missy
Remi
Learning I will not be taking Abbie out to catch the Kong ever again. She gets too stiff and sore and can't move within hours of playing. I feel horrible about it but that's just how it is with us old girls. I felt the same way after helping last weekend on a house project for a friend. Cleaning one little bathroom about did me in.

Creating I have to think about this. Well, I started back to writing my memoir. I'm still in high school so far. It's a big project that may never be complete but it won't get done if I don't stay at it. It was kind of fun thinking about my first kiss with Doug M. at logging camp. There was alcohol involved, whiskey to exact. I was only 13.


Quote I Want Share
A kiss….
….. is just a kiss….
Until it’s all you reminisce.
Then the memory becomes your

most treasured possession.
 ~Ranata Suzuki~

Peek in My Week I got nothing. Project Winter Slowdown.

A Final Thought I watched a documentary called Herion(e) on Netflix last weekend that was both depressing and uplifting at the same time. It is about the epidemic of overdoses in Huntington, West Virginia and how the town is battling it. The first female fire chief is making a difference there. I thought it was well-done. I'm truly in winter mode already. Darkness arrives about 4:30pm so by the time I get home all I can think about it getting into jammies and under the covers. Only about 18 weeks to spring. I'll make it. And, oh, the Mini Cooper is at the car hospital. Her diagnosis is not quite here yet. It is likely not good news.


love, susan 





7 comments:

  1. Love your blogs. I copied the kiss quote to send to my honey.

    Putting in a new window helped immensely with my borderline S.A.D. Do you need one? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have something better than a window ... a 10,000 lux light box. I sit in front of it at least 45 minutes, sometimes an hour every morning. That and a daily dose of 5,000 IU of Vitamin D and a lose dose anti-depressant keep me from going over the edge of the abyss. I am trying to force myself outside at lunch everyday but have been failing at that. Still, I try.

      Delete
  2. You're wintering nicely. Fall is great practice! Glad you're doing so well. Our November is so odd it's worth writing about. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It helps knowing I've survived that last 8 winters here, I can survive this one, right?

      Delete
    2. There you go! I adopted that attitude about our winters, and I'm still here too. :)

      You're a gem! Shine on!

      Delete
  3. Love the kiss quote. And the idea of being only 13 and kissing with some alcohol involved did make me giggle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me smile, too! I have a lot to write about my life. That one experience just led to another. Thanks for dropping in!

      Delete

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...