Saturday, October 27, 2012

Saturday Upside: Rainy Days Don't Always Get Me Down

 



Finding beauty in the rain is huge for me.











Gray days make great gloomy photos. That's about all they are good for.

An empty parking lot to some, a landscape of beauty to me.
 
Some leaves just stand out above and beyond the others, just like good friends.
I took a nice photowalk today with my friend, Linda and her dog "Sassy". We got rained out but got some nice photos and had great conversation. 

Downside: Rain
Upside: Nice lighting for the beautiful autumn colors


If you're looking for some positive "upside" stories, visit Bonnie's blog at www.recipeshappen.com.
She also has some great, creative recipes to share!







love, susan

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! All the plats and trees in my yard look so happy I am definitely not minding the rain right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this!
    So good; thank you! It's been rainy here.

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad the rain helped provide such pretty pictures. Wonderful up-side.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just think about how the rain makes the trees, the leaves and the parking lot worth photographing. I used to be a little anxious and possibly a little depressed when it rained. It meant I was confined. On bad days I grew to love the skies I call dove gray. They developed into dove gray days that cocooned me and gave me excuses to stay home, cook , wear my gown all day, and read for hours. Without the rainy so-called days, would the sun shine brighter?

    I feel you. Used to be Mondays always got me down. Sundays were dreadful because Monday came after. Did you know there's a syndrome for that? :) For real. The last six months or so I made a conscious decision to embrace it; knowing I wasn't alone makes it easier. I seldom have "Moan-days" now.

    I would love a copy of the first photo. Will send you something special in return. I am quite smitten by your lovely note cards.

    Be well, and let the sunshine in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. I just read Maryam's post here. Hope you check it out. :)
    http://moroccanmaryam.typepad.com/my_marrakesh/2012/10/mirleft-and-a-tale-of-drenching.html

    ReplyDelete

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...