Tuesday, September 18, 2012

A Real Songbird

Have you ever heard of Eva Cassidy? If not, you are in for a real treat. I hope you will take 4 minutes to listen to this. I promise you have never heard a more beautiful voice.
 


A very good friend gave me a CD recorded by Eva Cassidy a couple of years ago. How is it possible I had never heard of her before? Well, apparently she shied away from big record deals. In 1996, she died from cancer at the age of 33 but not before she recorded several albums.  "Songbird" was written by Fleetwood Mac and I'll say Christine McVie did a fine solo of it on their album. However, Eva Cassidy takes it up a notch! If you like this one, you should listen to  "Somewhere Over the Rainbow".  Bring Kleenex!

For you there'll be no crying
For you the sun will be shining
'Cause I feel that when I'm with you
It's all right I know it's right

And the songbirds keep singing
Like they know the score
And I love you I love you I love you
Like never before

To you I would give the world
To you I'd never be cold
'Cause I feel that when I'm with you
It's all right I know it's right

And the songbirds keep singing
Like they know the score

**************************

On another note, I've been watching "The Voice" on NBC between last week and this. We hardly ever have the TV on but I'm so thrilled there is something on that I actually look forward to.  

Do you have a favorite "sleeper" artist?  Who is it?

love, susan
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...