Wednesday, September 19, 2018

10 Things I Would Do If I Didn't Blankity Blank Blank Work

Thank you for Mama's Losin' It for the prompt this week. This is a topic that is on my mind every single day of my work life and has been for awhile since I am now in the countdown phase to retirement. So much so that I've become obsessed and a bit irritable about it. Oh, Mama, you have unleashed me with this writing prompt.  Let me tell you what I'll do when I'm not blankity blank blank working, complete with photos!
 
PULL THE BLANKITY BLANK BLANK WEEDS  See these weeds? I walk past them every single day and think I should pull those weeds. But who got time for that when you are already behind and you're gonna have to break laws to get to work on time. "Officer, I had to pull weeds and it made me late."
 
 
 
WASH MY BLANKITY  BLANK BLANK CAR  My son gave me this beautiful car last year. He and his lovely wife drove it all the way from Michigan and it was sparkling clean inside and out. Full disclosure:  I have yet to take a vacuum to the inside since it arrive. I do give it a bath as often as time allows but if I wasn't working, no bug would lay dead on it for more than overnight. I'll even wash the inside windows. It will be spotless.
 
WALK MY BLANKITY BLANK BLANK DOGS EVERY DAY 
My poor dogs that I saved from a life in the shelter are barely better off at my house. I do play with them some on the weekends but I feel guilty on a regular basis for not having more time to spend with them. I am retiring in about 8 months and they will benefit from it greatly. They just need to hang in there a little longer. The two big ones are getting up there in age. That little one sitting next to me cannot be worn down so she may be a full time job without pay. I can hardly wait! Bonus: They'll get brushed on a regular basis.
 
 
FIGURE OUT HOW TO USE MY BLANKITY BLANK BLANK  PHONE
I got this new phone a couple months ago and I can't tell you how many times I've taken selfies accidentally. I'm not a selfie kind of girl. There are so many apps people tell me about and I just want to spend a whole day exploring how to do things without the constraint of time.
 
LEARN HOW TO COOK PHO
How blankity blank blank hard can it be to heat up broth and throw noodles in with a few veggies? I love this popular dish and would like to make in the comfort of my own home. I'll Google it!
 
 
SIT IN A COFFEE SHOP FOR HOURS AND READ THE NEWSPAPER The few times I have been able to sit in my favorite local coffee spot, I am so blankity blank blank envious of the people who seem to have nothing else on their life agenda but to sit casually, sipping on their go juice and surfing the net or talking smack about some thing or another. I wanna sit in the nice cushy corner chair, sip my coffee and maybe ask for a refill and surf the internet on my barely used tablet. I want my barista to know my name. Oh, hey Susan, how ya doing?
 
 
TAKE A PICNIC TO THE PARK I want to take my hubs to the park with a picnic lunch to sit and watch squirrels play for however long it takes to get tired of it. No time limits. If I want to sit there all day and read a book, I'll do it.
 
 
COLOR ALL BLANKITY BLANK BLANK DAY IF I WANT TO I love my adult coloring book and dream of the days that I can color a whole page without the constant impending feeling that I can only do for 15 minutes before I move on the next "timed" event in my life. I am so tired of being on the clock. I have been working since I was a teenager and my time has never been my own. I have a feeling I have some adjusting to do. I have thought a lot about it in the last year. Bonus: I'll write more hand-written letters to friends!
 
 
 
 
WALK UP & DOWN THE BLANKITY BLANK  AISLES WITH WRECKLESS ABANDON When I'm not working, I want to take the time to look at everything at the grocery store. Right now, my goal is to get it and get out as quickly as possible. I hate shopping. It's something I have to squeeze in on the precious time I have off. I want to slow down and really see what's there. Someone at work told me about a product the other day that I've never seen at the store because I'm so focused on a quick escape.
 
 
 
WRITE
 
I
am
going
to
write.
 

8 comments:

  1. There is some really intersting stuff at the grocery store, isn't there? I can see doing that, just walking up and down the aisles and seeing what's there. I used to do that when I was a kid, especially down the household cleaner aisle. No special reason, I'd just see a commercial for something and get curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I can't wait to just have my time be my own and do these things that are on my mind constantly. Thanks a million for dropping in!

      Delete
  2. I love all ten of your ideas and hope you get to do them all!! I ended up 'not working' many years earlier than expected for health reasons. It knocked most of your list (almost identical to my old list) off since they were no longer possible, but I do WRITE! In fact, I just finished a novel and hope to have it available to the public by the end of the year - it's pretty blanking exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to stop working so much before my health hits the skids. I see it happen with people all the time and I don't want to live with that regret. I can always go back to work if I hate having free time. I suppose that could happen. But I have plenty of things I want to do ... at least 10 Things, right? Thanks a million for dropping in. Now, I want to go read what others have posted. Susan

      Delete
  3. EIGHT MORE MONTHS!!! Oh my gosh the countdown has begun. Soon you can sit and pull weeds all day with your dogs by your side. So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can't go fast enough. I hate to wish my time away but I'm ready for a change. Thanks for dropping in! Susan

      Delete
  4. I'm with you on wanting to look at EVERYTHING at the grocery store. But replace grocery store with Target, and I'm there! I lose track of time so much in there!

    I'm so jealous of you for being able to retire in eight months! At the rate I'm going, I think I'm going to have to work the rest of my life. I'll have to call out dead the day I die!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a Target right behind my office building. When I first started working there, I went to Target every day but it started costing me far too much to go there. Haha! I do love to window shop these days. It adds steps to my FitBit. Thanks for dropping in.

      Delete

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...