Sunday, September 23, 2018

Sunday Drive: Nothing But Blue Skies and Sunshine

Got this at Love's Truck Stop
The coffee was terrible.
 We took our Sunday Drive with one destination in mind and ended up in a totally different place. That's how we roll. Because we're going to meet up with our daughter for next weekend's drive, we tried to not go that direction but did anyway. This time of year, it's hard to stay away from the river. The different shades of blue are hard to resist. So, our plan was to drive to Condon, Oregon but we ended up turning off to get gas and the hubs wanted to drive down a road he has always been curious about. There is a coal fired electric plant that he had wanted to work on back in the day but never did. Can you say boring? I should have been a good wife and taken a photo for him but it was gray and ugly. We had to turn around because there were scary signs that made us feel unwelcomed. We decided that we'd drive to Walla Walla, the long way along the river. We stopped at a historic site and climbed a little hill to eat the picnic lunch I brought along. We never made it to Walla Walla and I'm glad because I needed to come home and take a nap. I've been under the weather this last week and everything seems to wear me out. Next weekend, we're driving to The Dalles, Oregon to meet up with our peeps at a favorite Thai restaurant. I love having things to look forward to. How about you? Did you take a Sunday drive today? love, susan

This is at rest stop. Moo.

We luvs picnic lunches together.
 

I was here last weekend with my photo buddy. Beautiful spot.

Not a very attractive selfie.


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos, Susan! The Pacific Northwest is such a gorgeous place. I really hope to be able to visit one of these days!

    I used to LOVE getting out and just driving, seeing where the road takes me. And every time I've moved someplace new, I always find the less traveled way to and from (on trips to Atlanta, I go through the mountainous parts of North Alabama and Tennessee rather than hitting the interstate). I suppose I'd get out and drive more if I could afford the gas, haha! I mean, gas is pretty cheap right now, but unfortunately it's still not an expense I can indulge in regularly. When I replace my daily driver, that needs to be a tradition I start: something fun and adventurous at least once a month!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My gas budget is pretty high because we do a lot of road trips. I'd rather drive than eat (almost).

      Delete

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...