Sunday, January 6, 2013

Winter Abyss

 
"Follow humbly wherever and to whatever abyss
nature leads, or you shall learn nothing."  
 Thomas Henry Huxley
 
I have fallen in to the winter abyss right on schedule. It's always this time of year that I start to really drag. I don't want to get dressed, I don't want to go outside, I wanna eat potatoes and chocolate all day. Ugh.  Today, my poor husband was once again a reluctant participant on my roller coaster ride. I toodled around the house and mentioned going for a ride and then changed my mind. And then changed my mind again.  I'm glad I forced myself to shower and get dressed. We took a ride to my very favorite "go to" place when I can't think of anywhere else to go. McNary Wildife Refuge. There was nothing to write home about but it just felt human to get outside for some fresh air.  Winter.  It too shall pass.




 
 
In other news, yesterday I had a good hair day and just had to record it!

 
love, susan
 


7 comments:

  1. Nice do!! Do you get it colored at a salon, or do you do it yourself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finally have an awesome hair stylist who always makes my feel good about myself.

      Delete
  2. I love that you took a picture of your good hair day! We need to keep those momentos to remember we don't always look as bad as we may be feeling -- or maybe that is just me. :|

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I know, right? I really hate having my picture taken. Have you ever noticed that when you have an appointment to get your hair cut, the day before it looks the best it's ever looked?

      Delete
  3. I have days like that too. And days where I want to get out and go somewhere and have no idea where to go or what to do, so I sit at home.

    I am such a hair-styling dork. I have to have something very easy to manage and tend to fall into same-o, same-o hair styles. But I switched hairstylists this month and love my new do. I can actually get it to look nice every day...so far...time will tell as it grows before my next appointment.

    Question: Should I tell my X-hairstylist that I broke up with her?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! That's a tricky one. I would keep her on the hook at least until I was sure it was going to work out with the new one. Am I awful??? That is a really big dilmena though. Let me know how that works out for you! Tee hee.

      Delete
    2. Good point. I better not burn my bridge, yet. :)

      Delete

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...