I found another writing prompt over at Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop. Seems like I need a lot of prompts these days. It's a phase, I keep telling myself. I have lately been void of those constant running thoughts where ideas come from. I think I need a vacation or better brand of coffee.
a deep feeling or condition of
happiness or contement
This is by no means an exclusive list of things that bring me joy, just what comes to mind at 4:40a.m.
- A hand-written letter in the mail. Over the last two years, I've been writing back and forth with one of my little cousins and teaching her how to Zentangle. I have two other great pen-pals, one in Texas and another in Utah who I enjoy sharing letters with.
- A good, steaming hot cup of coffee. Coffee lovers know what I'm talking about here. There is nothing better. It should really be number one on my list. I tried to quit drinking coffee last year. It didn't work. I'm powerless over everything about coffee. Love the aroma, love the flavor, love the kick, love the conversation over it. Joy? Oh yeah, I get it in liquid form every single day. As I review my list, I note coffee got the longest narrative.
- Watching my hubby dance. He really gets into it and watching him experience the joy of dancing makes me wanna dance too. New Year's Eve is coming and we'll be kicking up our heels. Mustang Sally, you better slow your mustang down!
- Being invited to dinner. I love, love, LOVE to go to a friend's house for dinner. I love having someone else cook and learn about what they like to eat and their family traditions, etc.
- Sunshine. Even it's at -50 in Fairbanks, Alaska, although I prefer my sunshine at 75 degrees above zero, thank you very much. If one can have sunshine every day, it makes life worth living.
- A good deal. I love thrift shopping and scoring a real find. Lately, we've been attending estate sales and finding sturdy, old furniture. I could write a whole new blog on thrifting. Hey, maybe I will in 2013.
- Cooking shows. I could watch them 24/7.
- Throwing the frisbee to my dogs. Is there a better joy than watching your dog's tail wag?
- Writing. Thanks for the prompt Mama Kat. I needed it.