Monday, December 17, 2012

It Was Nothing

Beauty after the storm.
A rare experience of a moment at daybreak, when something in nature seems to reveal all consciousness, cannot be explained at noon. Yet it is part of the day's unity. 
                             ~ Charles Ives ~
 
********************** 

We rose up after a nearly sleepless night of high winds to discover a tree downed in our driveway. 

We were happy.
 
We hated that tree anyway.  


I walked on down the road to catch the bus, fearing the entire way that a huge limb would come flying and hit me in the head and kill me or, worse, render me paralyzed the rest of my life.

Gene cleaning up the mess

Our area survived constant winds last night with gusts this morning up to 70 mph. Many trees suffered and there was property damage.
Flags displayed at half-staff to honor the little
children in Newtown, CT
The rest of the day was very windy but clear blue skies made it seem alright.

No reports of injuries. Compared to the news lately, it was nothing.

love, susan

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. When am I gonna see some posts on yours?????? Hope you have a lovely, peaceful holiday season!

      Delete

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...