Sunday, December 9, 2012

Sunshine Sunday

On my way to the store very early this morning, I noticed some pink sky in the East and followed the road past WincCo and found the sun.
 
Days have been really gray recently and it is increasingly difficult to not want to crawl in bed and pull the covers over my head. Yesterday I didn't have the will power to stay upright and spent almost all afternoon in bed. My hubby was so sweet to go buy a pizza to pop in the oven. I ate and tried to watch a little TV and dozed off in the lazygirl chair. Woke up this morning to an aching back from too much down time.
 
When I got done buying groceries, half of which consists of every kind of chocolate chip you can think of such as mint, white, peanut butter, I decided to waste $6 running the car through the carwash. It was looking pretty bad. I can stand dirt on it but the bird poop was making me gag everytime I got in it. The kid who took my money and sprayed my car with some chemical smiled when he realized I gave him an extra dollar. He said, "is this for me?" As I was cruising through the wash I wish I had given him more. It's Christmas time, for pete's sake. He was funny too. I said, "guess I should roll my window up." He said with a smile, "window up or down, it's your choice." Love that kind of wit, especially from a young person.
 
Since I've been home and put the groceries away and made a trucker's breakfast for my hubby, the skies have turned gray again. I'm so happy I saw the sun today even if it was momentarily. I hope it comes back ... and soon.
 
 
 
love, susan


4 comments:

  1. I love the picture of the sunlight. Beautiful.

    Glad you had a lazygirl day. With the stress of your new job, I bet your body (and mind) needed that.

    I think I will go take a nap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the new job kind of took it out of me this week but I have to say it is getting better every day. Thankfully, I've learned all the duties I'm responsible for and now I just need to figure out how to maximize my time. It's a VERY busy job but my days fly by. Gotta love that!

      Delete
  2. I hear you on missing the sun. It hasn't been here for a few days and I'm starting to feel it. I sat on the couch all day yesterday watching reruns of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Thankfully, hubby is a good sport about these things. Love you, mom! Spring will be here soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On days like these, I miss Arizona soooooo much!

      Delete

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...