Friday, October 26, 2018

Friday Mood

This morning, I got up and put a load laundry in the washer so I would have jeans to wear to work today. Jeans Day at work. You'd think I'd have enough pairs of jeans to not have to do laundry on a week day but you'd be wrong.  Not jeans I really want to wear, ya know what I mean? I have lots of jeans but I truly only love 2 or 3 pair of them. Why I keep the others around is a lifelong mystery. Anyway, not what this post is about. I've been getting up and plugging my earphones in every day, sitting in front of my light box listening to audible books and coloring. I bought this coloring book 2 years ago and have barely touched it until now. One page of flowers took me a whole winter to color. What I've noticed this week is that when I am listening to an audible book, I'm able to focus on the coloring and comprehend the book very well.  The reason this is interesting to me is that when I am reading, I cannot have any noise whatsoever in the room or I lose focus.  The light box is a life saver for me in the fall/winter. I've been creative over the years with finding things to do while I sit in front of it. I love to journal. I sometimes read. And, now I am coloring. What is frustrating is that I never have as much time as I would like to sit there. This morning, I found myself in the best mood I've been in all week. Weird. I think it is a combination of the light, coloring, great stories read to me by Tom Hanks, and Jeans Day Friday. I am so over this week.  A lot to do about nothing, I know. Hopefully, I look back on this entry and remember that these things I've done today helped boost my mood. If something is working for you, it's a good idea to keep doing it. I think I will. How's your mood this week?


love, susan

1 comment:

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...