Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Currently: Goodbye October 2018

Weather this week is what I'd call perfect. The numbers are in the low 60's. I just looked and the forecast has changed a bit to include some spots of rain and breezes. Meh. It's fall!
My Favorite Moment(s) Last Week were far and few between. I did a photo shoot on Saturday for a friend who is in the family way. We went to the park behind my office building (pictured here) and got some great shots. She looks radiant and it was the bright spot of my week. She is naming her baby Nora. We also went to a dance Saturday night and that brought great joy to both my hubs and me. What's Right in the World is that tomorrow we'll have trick or treating at my office. My co-workers and other employees at the courthouse bring their kids in costume to see each of us for treats. It is the best day of the year at work, in my humble opinion. We deal with very heavy stuff there so this is definitely a day we all look forward to. What I'm Resisting is all the chocolate in my work place. I haven't resisted very well and it's a bummer. Today I plan to take some action towards resisting it all together. Wish me luck. What I'm Thinking is that my next challenge will start on Thursday for my dining out budget. I've spent the last two months in a grocery budget challenge and next up is dining. I've picked a number ($100) to stay within for dining out. Can I do it? We'll see. I love a good challenge! Want to join me? What My Future Holds Today I'm talking with one of my Alaska benefits people to talk about retirement. If This is My Last Day on Earth, Here is My Final Thought I'd be pissed if this was my last day and I spent it at work. I am so done with having my time belong to someone else. I'm actually a little angry every time I walk outside my door to go to work. The anger is gone by the time I get there. I am ready to spend some time doing what I want to do. I don't want to be one of those people who retire and die the same year, ya know?  love, susan


1 comment:

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...