Saturday, October 20, 2018

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

Last night I tried something new. After hitting the art show featuring our good friend, Heidi Elkington, we walked over to the Emerald of Siam for dinner with T. It was a great surprise when we learned that there was a blue grass band playing. A fantastic blue grass band! We haven't heard blue grass since we moved here 10 years ago. One of the songs they played last night was U2's I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For. It was a beautiful rendition. When the waiter said they don't serve pho on really busy nights, he suggested this soup. It was a nice salty, slightly sour flavor with big chunks of fresh mushrooms and shrimp. I did not miss the noodles.
 
It felt good to be up past 7pm. I've been sleeping too much lately, seasonal affective disorder is in full bloom. If I have an event to attend or photos to shoot after work, I can stay upright but once I get home, I'm done and in bed. Then, I'm up at 3:30 or 4:00am.
 
The Dead Show was great. My friend got the entire gallery to showcase all her dead works. This one pictured here was my absolute favorite. It is on a very large canvas and somebody will be lucky to have it for $2,000.  What I see in this piece are parts of Heidi that only someone who knows her can identify. Her beautiful mom was at the show last night along with a dozen of our mutual friends and friends we just haven't met yet. The gallery is small and it got super hot with all the bodies inside so we didn't stay long.
 
At work, our human resources department has been placing painted rocks all over the courthouse property for the last two weeks. It has been delightful to find these hidden treasures. It has become almost an obsession with a few of my work friends. I love that it has given us something to talk about besides crime. And, it has gotten us to go outside on our breaks to walk. I think my Fitbit has hit 10,000 steps every day this week. There's that.
 
I have a super busy weekend lined up and for that I am happy. Today, I'm going out to the country mercantile pumpkin patch to take family photos for friends. Later, I am doing a shoot for a family who donated $ at a silent auction and won my services. Tomorrow, I'm going on a photo walk early in the day and then shooting Christmas card photos for my friends Doug & Rosemary at their horse farm. They have 4 mini horses now!
 
It feels to good to have some fun on my calendar. Hope you have a great weekend wherever you are. love, susan

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're pretty effective at managing the dreaded SAD. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan it was wonderful to share the night with you! I love the Emerald also...my mom and I eat there whenever she is in town.

    ReplyDelete

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...