Monday, October 1, 2018

Currently: October Already?

We enjoyed laying around on Sunday funday. The hubs and I drove to The Dalles, Oregon to meet up with our daughter.  I went to the dog show early in the morning to take some photos and get out of the house for a minute. I went outdoors to see what's happening in my back yard and cut down a few things that need to be cleaned up. I've got some oven fried potatoes going in the oven and when they're done in a few minutes, I'll cook some eggs to go with them for an afternoon brunch.

 
I'm trying real hard to keep my chin up. Some people think we ought to just ignore the news and not talk about politics. Yeah, no. But, I will take a break from it. I can't unhear what has been said to date.
 
Today, I think I'll try to only watch the news when I get home from work. Maybe I'll start my day with something creative. I'll talk about the weather. Throw the ball to my dog. Make a good lunch. I'll try to have a normal life while one of the biggest decisions regarding our Supreme Court lingers. I have to get some normalcy in my life right now because the current events have unraveled my psyche. I cannot pretend it hasn't.
 
love, susan
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Dang! I typed a comment and then lost it. I am in the process of looking for a dog for companionship. I think dogs will prove to be more loyal than most of the people I know. Well, except for my blogging friends. I am stealing your Chinese proverb. Powerful!! I know where you are in your feelings about politics. It has been a draining week for sure.

    ReplyDelete

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...