Tuesday, April 11, 2017

I is for In Lansing, Michigan #AtoZChallenge

I know.  My "I" is a stretch.

I've only been twice but I love the capital building in Lansing, Michigan. It is set dead-center of a street where I can go stand in the middle of a mini garden to shoot a pic. This one I took on our last trip there in May, after having dinner with our kids at a downtown watering hole. I wish you could see the inside of this historic building. It is worth half a day to venture through. I'd like to think most capital buildings are worth seeing.
 
Have you been to your state's capital building? Did you go inside? Did you think about all the laws that are made there, and how it must feel to have that for a work place?
 
love, susan

6 comments:

  1. I've been to our state capitol. In the summer they have free "Movies Under the Stars" on the capitol lawn, and I've helped set up the huge inflatable screen, speakers, cords... They have food trucks that come, a band that plays prior to the movie, and prizes for costumes. It's a fun experience to watch movies on the grounds of the capitol with the beautiful stately building lit up behind us.

    Trudy @ Reel Focus
    Food in Film: Ice Cream

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I ever come back to Utah, I'm going to check out the capitol building. I've discovered they are beautiful in every state. We visited Olympia when I was a kid and we lived in Seattle for two year while my dad when to community college. I work in a courthouse now. Our courthouse is not much to brag about but the one in the county right next to us is oh-so-beautiful!

      Delete
  2. I truly do not miss having to go to meetings in Lansing every month. I was usually in some other building there and can only think of a very few times when I needed to be in the capitol. I am even wondering if I have ever taken a photo of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we went last May, I couldn't believe how bad the roads are in Lansing. Potholes that could really cause some damage to a motorcycle. They don't fix them. The thing I love about Lansing, although I've only been twice, is the unexpected great food.

      Delete
  3. I have visited our state capitol a couple of times. I love the outside of the building but it is the inside that is so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll bet it is lovely. Do you ever take visitors or the grandkids?

      Delete

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...