Monday, April 15, 2019

Monday Upsides: Tax Day

Well, here we are again. Monday and clear blue skies after a weekend of windy, cold weather. That's okay. I'm going in with an upside attitude. Over the weekend, I hit the send button on my taxes, and went photo walking with my buddy despite the arctic wind that put a chill in my bones yesterday. We couldn't figure out what we wanted to photograph so I pulled up a photo scavenger list online and we went with that. It was great fun. We spent about 5 hours scouting around for images to check off the list. Scavenger lists are a great way to wake up your creativity. I'll post a few pics at the bottom of this post.
 
MONDAY UPSIDES:
  • We go live with a new database at work this morning. It has been a long time coming.  The old database brought out the worst in me in that there have been times I wanted to pour a cup of hot coffee over my hard drive but I would never waste a good cup of coffee for that. It will be a challenging week learning the new program. I say BRING IT ON. Upside: We are going paperless!
  • There is something in the works at my job that will unfold today or tomorrow. Luckily, I am a person who knows how to go with the flow. There is a definite upside in learning to not be a future tripper. I just stay in today and know that things are just as they are supposed to be. (Been listening to Dan Harris' 10% Happier Podcast ... can you tell?) Upside: win/win/win
  • The tulips are all blooming in my front landscape. I wish I could convey how happy tulips make me feel. The color, their shape, how they survive the cold ... all of it. If I was a flower, I'd be a tulip. A pink one. Upside: happy girl
  • I'm starting a 9 day dog/cat/house sitting job tomorrow for a friend at work. She and her husband built a beautiful home with floor to ceiling windows in the front. It always feels like a vacation when I sit for other people. Plus, I love other people's animals and it makes me feel honored to get to care for them while they vacation. Upside: Netflix non-stop
  • 5 more Mondays Upside: I see the light at end of the tunnel and it is not a train.
Got upsides? Tell me about them! 
 
 

 
 


3 comments:

  1. How did I not know that you love tulips?! They're my favorite flower too! It's one thing I cannot wait for at the new house. I'm going tulip crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, they are so short lived that I forget that I love them so much. My other favorite is the sunflower. I love most flowers but not star gazers ... I cannot stand the smell of those.

      Delete

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...