Monday, April 16, 2018

New Day: A Life List

 Hello Monday. I love the weather temps this week: 57, 61, 59, 65, and 70 by Friday and all with a bit of sunshine in the forecast. I'm more than ready for that.
 
My Favorite Moments from Last Week Work was a roller coaster ride. But Friday we took off for the beach and the week's worries disappeared fairly fast. Spending time with our grandkids was priceless. They each brought a friend with them to the beach house we rented. Despite the times we all had our faces in our phones, we played games, took a long walk on the beach, danced, and told stories. The hubs and I felt honored that they still care enough to spend time with us. They are the nicest people! Beyond that, I woke up Saturday morning and watched rain melt down the window in our rented bedroom. Looking out and being mesmerized by the rain, I drifted back to my childhood days of living in southeast Alaska, where it rains a lot. I don't know exactly what day I started hating rain but being transported back in time reminded me that I didn't always hate it. Rainy days are for sleeping in and reading a book. One time when the hubby and I had a motorhome, we spent a weekend at the Oregon coast and I stayed in my jammies all day and read an entire book. I long for some days when I can read like that. **big sigh**
What's Right in the World We didn't turn on the news the entire weekend. I know things were brewing in Syria on Thursday but I am unaware of what has transpired since then. What's right in my world is that I am grateful for a whole lot. I often think about people around the world and how different my life would be if I had been born somewhere else. What I'm Resisting I really fell off the wagon with sugar over the weekend and must get back on track today. What I'm Thinking I am going to be house/dog sitting for my good friend for 6 days starting on Wednesday. I am very excited about having some down time in front of Netflix. Maybe I'll even read a whole book while I'm there. I'll be walking her two dogs a couple of times a day so my Fitbit numbers should give me the win in my weekly WorkWeek Hustle with my son and daughter-in-law. What the Future Holds Dinner with friends tonight. If This Is My Last Day, Here is My Final Thought Don't miss a chance to tell people how much you love them. Hug them just a little longer, will you? Don't take time for granted. We're not promised tomorrow.  love, susan




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, Susan, and beautiful thoughts. I'm so glad you got that lovely weekend at the beach—your grandkids do sound like very cool people, and I'm glad you have them close. I'd be looking forward to the house- and dog-sitting downtime... I hope you get some good reading in. And thanks for that closing thought... It's a good reminder, always :)
    Guilie @ Life In Dogs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think staying off the news sites is good medicine!

    ReplyDelete

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...