Monday, April 9, 2018

Current Events: A Life List

Looking Out My Window Wouldn't you know it? Monday morning and clear blue skies, not a hint of wind and the temp is going to 66 today. The numbers this week are 66, 66, 63, 58, and 62. This is something to smile about.  My Favorite Moments Last Week We had coffee with some new friends twice and it did our hearts good to see new smiles and get to know them a bit. My hubby took a couple of trunk loads of stuff to goodwill and seems to have caught the spring clean frenzy. I walked my wild child and got the other two outside for a bit. What's Right in the World I never turned the TV on all week so I can honestly say my head has been in the sand on national events. What's right in my world is that we're preparing to go to the Oregon coast to celebrate some April birthdays. Time spent with these special people is always fun but when it's at the beach ... OMG ... it's epic. I look forward to the road trip. And, Prince is singing "Kiss" on the radio as I write this. Just makes me want to dance. What I'm Resisting Future tripping. I'm a believer in making plans but not planning the outcome. Trying to stay in today and just do what's in front of me. Writing helps. I never want to miss what's happening today by having my head in the clouds. I have my window open this morning in my home office and I can hear birds singing and see the trees bursting out in color as spring has arrived. It's so beautiful I could cry. Summer is coming but I want to enjoy this moment. This is the day after two very windy & cold days and I think that wind brought better weather. A girl can hope. I'll just enjoy today and not worry about the weather tomorrow. What the Future Holds We're meeting up with friends tonight after work but I don't think I have anything else on my calendar this week. If This Was My Last Day on Earth I'm not done ridding myself of stuff that no longer holds value with me. If this was my last day, I'd have to apologize to my kids for leaving them a mess. I'm always working towards a simpler life which includes less stuff.  An Extra Thought to Ponder Do you love living in a big space or do you prefer a small living area?  love, susan


No comments:

Post a Comment

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...