Sunday, June 3, 2018

Sunday Regrets


Sunday afternoon. It's been a great weekend. I packed a lot of events into it.  Today I had a nice conversation with my step daughter on the phone. We both suffer this awful dilemma of wanting to stay home to get some chores done to a nagging thought that summer is short and we should be out enjoying it ... chores can wait ... no, they can't ... yes, they can.
 
This weekend I wrote a short list of what I wanted to accomplish and what events I would be attending. For the most part, it went down how I thought it would. Still. I'm out of weekend and feeling like I could use just one more day off.
 
It's always been this way with me. In my adult life, I have had two summers off where I wasn't working at all. I was able to enjoy the time off but as soon as the end of summer was nearing, all I could think about was getting back to work. Kind of like a horse headed to the barn. That's how it is with me.
 
At the very least, I have food prepped for my lunches this week and clean clothes in the dryer. The bed hasn't been made yet. And, I didn't walk the dogs this morning. Oh, well.
 
So many things to do, so little time.
 
How do you deal with Sunday regrets?
 
love, susan

2 comments:

  1. I have left all guilt about not accomplishing something on my list in the trash bin where it belongs. Like is too short for regrets. If you are doing something you enjoy, even if it is only relaxing, that is all that is really important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being retired now, and living alone, I don't really have any of these regrets anymore. A tiny little niggle now and then, maybe!

    ReplyDelete

You Made My Day, Dude!

A couple weeks ago while I was driving back to Portland after spending the night on the Oregon coast, we came up on some road construction ...